EH29C oil smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EH29C oil smoking

I am trying to ascertain the oil smoking and plug fouling. Plenty of compression and easy starting. Suspect valve oil seals, common problem? Easy fix using spark plug air hold?

If you are for certain you have 1.5 quarts of oil and nothing more in the engine, id say its time for a full rebuild. All seals, valve seals, rings and all.
    Regards

Comment

Matti, what does a full rebuild kit cost? Also, is there a number on the piston to detemine if it is standard or oversize? Thanks in advance... HV

Comment

Matti: Thanks for your response! This cart is used heavily by a local nursary. Is it a large task to replace only the valve oil seals?

Comment

Posted earlier by hvald1 View Post
          Matti, what does a full rebuild kit cost? Also, is there a number on the piston to detemine if it is standard or oversize? Thanks in advance... HV
          I would say in the range of $400 for an aftermarket rebuild kit (including seals and new valves and valve guides). More costly if you want OEM parts. You would need to measure the cylinder to determine the size and if it wore.

Posted earlier by seastuff!@aol.com View Post
          Matti: Thanks for your response! This cart is used heavily by a local nursary. Is it a large task to replace only the valve oil seals?
          Um the best way to do it is to remove the entire engine, and work with it on the table. Remove the cylinder head (along with the timing belt cover and clutch) and replace what is needed. You may find this book useful http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...uild-book.html
          Regards

Comment

Matti: Again, thanks for the info. I need a few more posts to be able to access your link! I'll get there!

Comment

I opened up your account so you should be able to view now
              Regards

Comment

Matti: Many thanks for the book assistance! Just looked through it and found a lot of usable info. I have extensive experience with automotive and marine mechanical stuff. The golf cart is a new application for me, so the first step is written stuff.

Comment

You're welcome
                  Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  X