ezgo 350cc carb overflowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ezgo 350cc carb overflowing

I am trying to resolve a brand new carburetor that will not shut off gas to the bowl (overflows). So, I took the needle valve out of the brand new replacement carburetor that is leaking for a Robin 350cc 1996 ezgo workhorse to see if there was debris. The needle valve has a metal tip and a brass seat. Is this correct? The old carburetor has a rubber tipped needle valve and a metal seat. The old carb did not leak but had other issues so it was replaced. All my small engines either have a rubber seat and a metal tipped valve or vice/versa. Cannot find needle valve anywhere for sale by itself--have to buy some $58 kit that you can't cipher the picture of with alot of parts that I do not need. Any ideas out there? Before you ask I am trying to cover everything. Fuel pump ok, fuel line replaced-carburetor is clean, new gas, flushed tank, etc.
    Updated by dduffett; November 1, 2011, 11:10 PM.

Float problem, return the carburetor for an exchange or refund if it is brand new.
    Regards

Comment

not to be rude but it has nothing to do with the float--we are dealing with the float needle valve and needle vavle seat. If I could have returned it I would have and I wouldn't be on here throwing s at the wall. I am looking for mechanical answers not retail give up tactics but thanks anyway.

Comment

I'm not a gas guy but does it use the same size needle as the old carb and have you tried swapping them? The $20 replacement valve needle shows that it is rubber tipped as you suggested.

Is this a part you ordered from LVS Sales that you inquired about in a previous post?

There is a great Ezgo guy in the Dallas area, I would try him for a little help:
        Mike at Mike's Motor Toys, Rockwall TX 972-772-8697 or 214-732-3008
        Updated by dougmcp; November 2, 2011, 11:13 AM.

Comment

ok I had some issues with lvs sales regarding a coil but after the 3rd one I got one that worked. Carb was not from there but it is new just can't return it. I have called Mike at the motor toys looking for a bowl gasket and his response was, believe it or not, "I have never had to take a carburetor apart because I've never had a problem with them." Seemed odd since he sells parts on line. So I live right around the corner and thought I would be able to go pick one up. Not that easy, i guess. But, that is the beauty of the internet. Just list parts for sale and let someone in BFE take the order and send them out by adding a link on your web page. Probably the same outfit that sends out LVS parts. Old carb has larger diameter seat and biggger around needle valve. New carb looks like it has some sort of brass bushing pressed in and a needle valve that fits it. Where did you see the $20 needle valve? Closest I get on a search is a $58 kit with about 15 valves and stuff in it along with a float bowl gasket.

Comment

been there, done that with aftermarket carburetors. buy OEM.
            Regards

Comment

unfortunately thats about the only thing left--buy oem new one. BEWARE OF CARBURETORS FOR EZGO GAS 4 CYCLE ON EBAY FOR 90 TO 130 DOLLARS---TRUST ME THEY WON'T WORK.

Comment

I will be replacing mine (also aftermarket) with an OEM next spring. Its too cold here right now to play with carts I would gladly mail you my needle or whatever parts you need off the aftermarket one next spring if you are not planning on fixing it soon..

Beware that the company (even the EZGO dealer) you are purchasing the new carburetor from is also selling you a OEM one and not an aftermarket one. I think I priced it out at $350 or so if I can remember from last year.
                Regards

Comment

yes that is true. All these parts places and ebay sellers advertise oem but they are leaving out made to oem specs. Even if they make to oem specs there are tolerances. This goes for stuff you buy for jeeps and cars and i can live with oem sub par if i am buying from autozone or the like because if it don't work you walk down and get another one. but i am slowly learning my lesson with some of these cart part dealers and some of the usual suspect ebay sellers. Oem don't mean nothing anymore. Thanks to the needle but i am going to set up some targets at about 100 yards this weekend.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  X