Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running with the air filter cover removed- Harmful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running with the air filter cover removed- Harmful?

I lost the cap to my airfilter, is it allright to run my cart with it removed? Can I just use tape now to hold in the filter? It is a 94 EzGo Marathon 4 Ccycle engine 295 cc's.

Thank you

I would NOT suggest running with out a airfilter... any dust, dirt or debris can enter through there and clog your carb up with gunk or even scratch up your piston and cylinder walls!
    "It's not just a sport, it's in your blood."

Comment

Very bad idea, go to your local dealer to purchase a new one. A quick fix that will save you in the future.

Comment

ONLY for a shot time, if you are in town, concrete, no dust dirt. Fact is boats have no air filters as they are never in dusty climate.

Comment

True but the biggest reason boats don't use air filters is because of a backfire/fire hazard.
          They use a layered metal and mesh piece called a flame arrestor.

Comment

Running without the _cover_ might be alright as long as the filter is held tightly in place. If it's not, you're basically running it without a filter and that should be avoided. Even "clean" environments have dusty air.

I would replace that cover as soon as possible. I would also not run it without it. But that's just me. You could probably seal in the air filter with duct tape. But that should only be a temporary/emergency fix.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X