One more dumb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more dumb question

On a 1982 model, what is the purpose of the contraption on the outside of the engine on the flywheel housing. It has a fitting for a gas line?? and a connection for a cable. The cart has both disconnected. Someone has also cut the wires to the limit switch on the throttle and replaced it with a toggle switch. I'm assuming, if I ever get this thing running, that the toggle will have to be used every time I come to a stop??
    thanks, pdavid

Posted earlier by pdavid View Post
    On a 1982 model, what is the purpose of the contraption on the outside of the engine on the flywheel housing. It has a fitting for a gas line?? and a connection for a cable. The cart has both disconnected. Someone has also cut the wires to the limit switch on the throttle and replaced it with a toggle switch. I'm assuming, if I ever get this thing running, that the toggle will have to be used every time I come to a stop??
    thanks, pdavid
    Hello David. That would be the carburetor.
    Regards

Comment

No Matti,
      I maybe dumb but I'am not that dumb, I know what a carb looks like. I think what i'm looking at is part of the oil injection system that has also been disconnected.
      pdavid

Comment

Posted earlier by pdavid View Post
        No Matti,
        I maybe dumb but I'am not that dumb, I know what a carb looks like. I think what i'm looking at is part of the oil injection system that has also been disconnected.
        pdavid
        Okay good. If it is the oil injector, it is possible that it is disconnected because they bypassed it, since they have a tendency to stop working with out warning which can run your engine dry of oil and seize it up. Is it possible you could post a detailed picture of it?
        Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X