ez go Gas 4 cycle 350 robins coil problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ez go Gas 4 cycle 350 robins coil problem

1996 EZgo workhorse 4 cycle 2 cylinder 350 Robins engine. I changed out coil last week due to not getting spark at plugs. Put in new coil and it lasted 2 days or maybe 10 minutes running time probably 6 starts and go's. Now only getting a yellow fizzle spark--barely visible at the plugs--of course will not start or run. Would anyone have any idea what could have caused a brand new coil to go bad?

Defect? Should be covered under warranty, send it back and if you blow another we can go further.
    Regards

Comment

that is where I was leaning/hoping/betting on. I have an email into a well known website/parts distributor out of Florida. So tomorrow I will let everyone know who they are and exactly how they intend to handle it since I am sure we all want to deal with fair and friendly companies.

Comment

Ignition couils are electrical parts. I don't know if that is covered by any warranty. Anyway, you can always try.

Back to the issue of "no spark", check for proper connections. Check the pulsar connections to the igniter and the coil connections to the solenoid (1 wire) and to the igniter (the other wire). And be sure you have a firm ground: negative battery to body to starter gen.

Comment

it is very common for the ignitors to go out on the 4 cycles.

Comment

Test power to ignition coil & make sure you have greater than 12 volts with engine cranking if you have low voltage spark will be poor if you have any spark pick up coil is working so check ignitor box for good ground

Comment

should be greater than 10 volts

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X