EZGO TXT greasing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZGO TXT greasing problem

I have a 99 EZGO TXT electric. When I went to grease it, most of the zerks wouldnt take any. Concentrating on the king pin, I removed the zerk and grease flowed thru it. I tried heating the king pin and still nothing. Any suggestions?

I'm really glad this topic was brought up! Typically, a grease fitting functions as the entry point for grease to be injected into bearings, bushings, and other lubrication points within the golf cart. However, when grease fails to flow through the fitting, it suggests a blockage or obstruction within the grease passageway. Several factors could contribute to this issue. Over time, old or hardened grease can accumulate within the passageway, forming a clog that prevents fresh grease from flowing through. Similarly, contaminants such as dirt, debris, or rust particles may infiltrate the passageway, further obstructing the flow of grease. Additionally, moisture ingress or corrosion within the fitting itself can lead to a diminished ability to accept grease.

It sounds like the zerk itself tested out fine, which is good news. Instead of diving into a full teardown to clean out that cakedup grease, there's another option we could try. You know those hand pump hydraulic pumps? Well, you can remove the grease zerk and screw that pump directly onto the grease fitting. With the pump primed with hydraulic oil, you give it a few pumps to build up the pressure. The idea here is that the force from the hydraulic oil clears out any blockages in the passageways, getting that grease flowing like it should.

Make sure it's primed with hydraulic oil, not grease. You want that oil to flow through at high pressure and hopefully blast out any gunk that's clogging things up. Also, take it slow and steady with the pumping, you don't want to go overboard. Give it a few pumps, then check to see if any grease starts coming out. If it does, great! Keep going until you've got a nice steady flow. And if it doesn't, well, then it might be time to bite the bullet and go for that full teardown. But hey, it's worth a shot before you go down that road.
    Regards

Comment

Thanks, will try

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X