No announcement yet.

Getting Back In: Decisions, Decisions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Back In: Decisions, Decisions.

In the past, I've had a lifted EZ-Go (probably 2004 or so) and a lifted Club Car Precedent. When we sold our last toy hauler in 2018, the Precedent went with it.

My lawn maintenance business is about to buy a new cart. It will be used to drive around large properties I maintain. Pulling a small utility cart, fertilizer spreader, and hauling small spraying equipment will be it's task. But it will also double as the companion to our next toy hauler. Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach, Fort Wilderness at Disney World, etc. plus putting around the farm. It pretty much has to be electric and I definitely want lifted.

But WOW! The amount of carts to choose from is off the chart! We have multiple dealers in the Raleigh area. I am learning about the new brands and models as best as I can. But I know Forums are always great when it comes to learning about something like this. My budget is under $15,000. I don't mind dropping $15,000 if I'm getting the value. But some brands seem to have similar or even more features for less money than the more popular brands.

Here's what I've found so far.
    1. Club Car Onward. The HP and Lithium versions are right around $15,000, give or take. Always a solid cart but for the money, they sure don't have many extras regarding controls, dash, etc. I do know a trailer hitch can be installed.
    2. Forester Evolution. Almost seems too good to be true. Full of features with Lithium battery for $12,000.
    3. Advanced EV1 or Advent. This is a fairly new dealer in the area. Carts look nice and they're priced in the low $11,000s to high $12,000s, depending on power source I believe.

I'm open to suggestions, criticisms, complaints, rude remarks, insults, etc. I haven't been to any of these dealers yet. So seeing them in the flesh will come soon.

Anything relevant advice I need to know? Any brands I'm missing here?

Thanks for any help.

Just found a new cart to consider. The ICON i40 L. I'm really starting to get a golf cart headache.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X