g16 overcharging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g16 overcharging

so i just installed my new starter/gen from rare electrical in atlanta. i ordered it on tuesday at 4pm. it comes UPS wednesday at 2pm. wow.

anyway, i read that a bad voltage regulator will cook the starter so i checked the voltage with the cart in neutral. it runs up to almost 18v then starts bouncing between 16v and almost 18v. i have 2 old vr's that do the same thing. both bad? probably.

so while i'm waiting for the new vr to come, would i be better off unplugging the vr and running off of the battery or will it damage the starter if i run it for a couple days like it is or should i just be patient and wait for the part? btw - i don't run it for long periods when i do drive it.

Posted earlier by vmax28673 View Post
    so i just installed my new starter/gen from rare electrical in atlanta. i ordered it on tuesday at 4pm. it comes UPS wednesday at 2pm. wow.

anyway, i read that a bad voltage regulator will cook the starter so i checked the voltage with the cart in neutral. it runs up to almost 18v then starts bouncing between 16v and almost 18v. i have 2 old vr's that do the same thing. both bad? probably.

so while i'm waiting for the new vr to come, would i be better off unplugging the vr and running off of the battery or will it damage the starter if i run it for a couple days like it is or should i just be patient and wait for the part? btw - i don't run it for long periods when i do drive it.
    The cart might only run for a couple hours if any at most. But if you have a good battery I suppose you may get 2 hours out of it. But you will significantly decrease the lifespan of the battery you are using.
    Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X