Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZGO engine question

Hi everyone,

I'm new here but this site looks pretty cool! Never thought there would be such an extensive site just for golf carts! Which is convenient because I need a semi-important question...

I have a late '80's EZGO gas cart (not sure of the year - serial number 692251) and the engine is smoking. I'm pretty sure it's a piston problem and blah blah blah but I've decided to replace the engine. It's the EH29c engine but I'm wondering what other model engines will swap right in? Maybe something a little more powerful? Any information is good information! Thanks!

You should be pleasantly surprised, the 4 cycle engine was put in in 92 and up carts so its a 90's cart. You can check by the last 2 digits of the manufacturers code. This is located below the serial number on the same plate.

My advice is that there is a guy selling rebuilt robins on eBay, go with one of those. You can also go with the 350cc version, same engine different head also being sold on eBay complete.

I love the robin engines when they are running right, but they are a pain when they break
    Regards

Comment

Hmm that sounds pretty good. Just in case, what is the model number of the 350cc engine?

Comment

I don't know the model number, but it will say right on the engine tag where it says "Robin" it will also say 295cc or 350cc.
        Regards

Comment

I'm trying to find a repair manual for a eh29c.

Comment

Posted earlier by greenboy View Post
            I'm trying to find a repair manual for a eh29c.
            http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...uild-book.html
            Regards

Comment

Having trouble viewing the link ...any ideas?

Is this the manual I would use for a complete rebuild on the '99 295cc engine?

I saw a seller on ebay selling a factory rebuilt engine (from EZGO in GA) with warranty for appox $900. Is this the going rate?

Was thinking about going to 350cc. Is the top speed difference only 3 mph?
              Updated by dougmcp; January 29, 2012, 10:43 PM. Reason: Repetitive post combined

Comment

I have a Robin 35C Engine, no compression and I pulled the head off. A lot of slap in the pistons, where can I get info on buying new piston and rings? Also, how can I measure to make sure the block has not been bore out? Need some help please...

Thank you in advance...

Comment

Posted earlier by Cubsfan View Post
                  Having trouble viewing the link ...any ideas?

Is this the manual I would use for a complete rebuild on the '99 295cc engine?

I saw a seller on ebay selling a factory rebuilt engine (from EZGO in GA) with warranty for appox $900. Is this the going rate?

Was thinking about going to 350cc. Is the top speed difference only 3 mph?
                  Yes, it's the one you want, you need 5 posts to get to the rebuild manual.

Comment

ok thanks.... Is it 1 post on each day?

Comment

I mean for 5 days in a row???

Comment

will a 20 hp honda from a welder work in a golf cart?

Comment

will a 20 hp honda engine from a welder work on a golf cart?

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          X