Engine Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Rebuild

My father-in-law had a EH29C that he wants me to rebuild. I've never messed with a golf cart but have done quite a bit with vehicles. I just rebuilt my first automatic transmission last month. I also replaced the head gasket on an 02 Chevy Venture. Being that I am somewhat mechanically inclined with vehicles do you think I would have a problem with the golf cart engine? I've had a few professional mechanics tell me that if I can rebuild an automatic transmission that an engine rebuild would be a piece of cake but they're talking about an automobile engine. Granted, it's easy for a pro to say that!

Can you let me know a good place to order a rebuild kit? I've browsed online a little bit and saw some with pistons, valve stems, and connecting rods included. I'd like to go ahead and replace them while I'm at it even if it's not normally necessary. My father in law lives 5 hours away so he's wants everything in question, and some things not in question, replaced.

If you have any other or advice on what should be done I'm all ears. I always enjoy learning new skills so I'm looking forward to this one.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me out.
    Updated by MarineGrunt; December 23, 2012, 09:22 PM.

Kudos on that automatic transmission rebuild! A EH29c engine rebuild is a slightly different beast but with your mechanical background you're ahead of the game. Check out Golf Cart King or Buggies Unlimited for one. They usually have kits with all you'll need, including pistons, valve stems/seals, and connecting rods. Take your time, read up on the EH29C engine, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!

Dropping a link to the EH29c engine rebuild book might come in handy.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X