91 gas EZGO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 gas EZGO

frequently when trying to start unit it revs but does not start, after sitting awhile it will start, and run fine. when I stop again it will do the same thing again. does not seem like fuel pump, can a micro switch be my problem

Most times its not the fuel pump that's the problem, they're tough as nails. There's a whole slew of common things that could prevent it from starting consistently. Old, bad gas can gum up the works quicker than you'd think. Best to clean out that tank and get some fresh stuff in there first just to rule that out. Wouldn't hurt to give them carburetor jets a good cleaning too. Stay away from replacement aftermarket carburetors and go for oem wherever possible. But let me tell you its not always about fuel delivery.

I see where you're coming from with the micro switch, but if the engine's cranking, it's likely not the culprit here. Sometimes, it all boils down to spark, especially when there's inconsistent grounding in the mix. Check them grounds at the starter and battery, make sure they're clean as a whistle and snug as a bug. Especially that ground strap from the engine to the frame. Give it a good sanding down to the metal. These little details can make all the difference. With dirty or broken grounds, the engine could be seeking alternative grounding paths, causing hiccups and inconsistent startups. If you have any questions feel free to let me know

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X