Charging/Moving problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging/Moving problems

I have a ezgo electric no idea what year it is. It has a six battery system. I think this means it's 36 volts?? Anyway, batteries were completely drained and dead. I used a bring battery back to life mixture I found on the internet and have the batteries back to charging. When charge is on, voltage is around 42.5. When take the charge off, voltage drops to around 34 Volts. When pedal is pressed to go, voltage drops to around 28, then let off pedal and voltage returns to 33/34. When I press the pedal the cart does not go. It acts like it wants to move for a second or to and does nothing more until I plug charger back in. I have check all leads and have power going to motor, speed controller, etc but this is where my knowledge stops. When I press the pedal, the "voltage regulator" bolted in front of the speed controller makes a clicking noise which it has always done so I am assuming that this part is still functioning correctly also. Plus when I press pedal, voltage stay steady to the motor as well. This cart has been dormant and out of commission for about a year and a half. I have decided to pull it out and want to revive it. Any help or suggestions??
    Thanks!! Andy, Starr SC

Hi Andy,
    Sounds to me like 1 of your batteries is bad. Even your static (no load) voltage is 34v. Go to a auto parts store and get a resistor battery tester. They are around $30 bucks. Then unhook all your straps and LOAD test each bat. I am pretty sure this will solve your problem. What is the stuff you put in the batteries? A desulfurnator?

Comment

yes it's a mix of distilled water and epsom salt. The mixture works well from past experience. I brought a forklift battery back to life with it. I was thinking that one or more batteries is probably bad. When I check over the batteries in pairs 2 sets check out to 12 volts. 1 pair will only read up to 7 volts.

Comment

I would like to know the measurements you use on the battery mixture. I would like to try it sometime.
        Updated by nbirt; August 13, 2010, 01:22 AM.

Comment

You need to measure the voltage of the batteries individually to determine which battery is bad. Sometimes all you need to do is charge that battery on a 6V charger back up to where the others are. If it doesn't charge back up then replace it.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X