Is this the controller? smoking under load! pics attached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the controller? smoking under load! pics attached

Thank You for your advice in notice. I have a 48 volt ezgo and know only a little about the controls for this unit. I do know that under the seat, in the right front corner beside the batteries are all of the controls. The front right unit that is attached to the shifter (F-R) smokes a little when the cart is placed under heavy load. For example loaded up with four people and climbing a hill. Or in the garage when the brake is applied, and i push the pedal down to apply electricity, and hold it there for 20 seconds, i can get the right hand bolt and wire attached to smoke a little, or a lot if i were to hold it for an extended period of time. Is this normal? I have attached some pics. The one that is from above shows the unit that smokes under heavier load, and the zoomed pics are taken from behind the unit, you can see the wire that is melted a litttle on the right of the pics. the bolt it is attached to can get red hot, but not under light load. you can see the metal has been heated. Is this the controller? or is the controller the white box etc. behind this unit? Anyway, is it going to burn out? replace it? if so, wheres the best place to buy parts?
    Attached Files

That is not the controller, it looks like the microswitches. The controller is a rectangular box with some wires sticking out.
    Regards

Comment

the reason for the smoke is the nut behind the nut holding these wires on your forward and reverse unit became loose or have had bad contact points and started to heat up...a standard f & r unit runs about $120.00 u.s. and can be found at an E-Z go dealer

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X