Need wiring help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need wiring help!

I am converting an 84 marathon resistor cart to a controller type. I need to find a wiring diagram of a cart with the controller so I know how to hook up the potentiometer and the controller to the F & R switch and the motor. I looked in the diagrams section of the forum and could find what I needed. Thanks in advance for the help.

So you decided to do it?

Unfortunately they didn't make controller carts back then, that's why they had the resistor setup since they didn't have that technology at an affordable price.
    Regards

Comment

I am sorry Matti, I should have been more clear. I need the wiring diagram for a 88 or 89 model. That is the model the potentiometer and all the linkage is coming out of. I already had the controller. I know that they are a little different, but this will give me a start. If you have some knowledge on this, I would love to hear it ( what to do, what not to do, be careful of this, ect..). I like building things myself, but have never messed with a golf cart before. I don't want mess something up and learn the hard way. Thanks again Matti.

Comment

I don't have any information on the exact wiring but I will tell you what you will need.

A speed control board conversion potentiometer (pot box). A controller (stock is 275 amps). And the wiring to link up the new parts. I will get up the wiring diagram as soon as possible.
        Regards

Comment

Thanks Matti. That will be great. I really appreciate the help.

Comment

Grounding issue!!

I have an 84 EZGO marathon. I am in the process of converting it to a controller. I have installed everything ( F&R switch and complete solenoid, controller and potentiometer setup). I even installed new batteries. When I turn the cart on and try to go, I get nothing. Checked the volts in the batteries and all were at 6.30 ( 36 volt), but when I use a test light I can't get the light to come on at the 4th and 5th terminals. Everywhere else it comes on. There is ground wire coming from the frame to the 4th terminal. remove the ground and can't get the test light to come on on any terminal. The lights will also not work unless they are grouded to the 4th terminal with the other ground. I need help if anyone may know whats going on.

Comment

Update, he checked it out and found out he had a bad solenoid.
              Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X