Need Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Please

Hello to all, I really need some help with my 83 EZGO. 1st let me say I have been working on this for 2 months, called every golf cart company in the states, talk to a tech at EZGO and still have no answer to my problem. I have a lifted 83 marathon. Well the body is an 83. The lift is a complete custom welding job with 2” piping and sits about 3’ of the ground. Here is the issue. I wanted to upgrade the motor and completely covert it over to a solid state cart (it was a resistor cart). So I take everything out and think this will be easy and throw everything away. I pick out all the goodies. Beast motor, new solenoid, 4 gauge wire, atx 650amp controller the works. Then whoops the shaft is 10 spline and the EZGO motors are 19 spline. Just so you know the motor that I took out of it was an EZGO so I know they did make 10 spline motors back in the day. My question is……..will the club car or Yamaha 10 spline motor work? Does anyone know of a adapter? Not even the tech at EZGO had answer or even tell me where I could get a 10 spline to fit it. I was told that even though the CC and Yamaha are 10 spine they are spaced different so it would not work, BUT it looks like it would from what I have seen thanks

Your best bet is to contact an actual electric motor company, EZGO abandoned that motor over over 20 years ago before there were performance and upgrade parts made for carts.

I am not sure if the Club Car or Yamaha motors will work offhand. What you may want to do is track down a 1988+ EZGO 19 spline rear and retrofit it on.
    Regards

Comment

I have a electric EZ-Go 36 volt cart, It shows fully charged but after 11 or 12 holes it will run very slow and will not climb hills when i plug in the charger it shows it close to 20 but when i put a meter on batteries they show 36.5 volts still am i missing something this is a 2001 not sure how old batteries are.

Comment

Posted earlier by kmattin1 View Post
        I have a electric EZ-Go 36 volt cart, It shows fully charged but after 11 or 12 holes it will run very slow and will not climb hills when i plug in the charger it shows it close to 20 but when i put a meter on batteries they show 36.5 volts still am i missing something this is a 2001 not sure how old batteries are.
        Sounds like it is time for some new batteries
        Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by Matti View Post
          Sounds like it is time for some new batteries
          Thanks, I think?

Comment

Posted earlier by kmattin1 View Post
            Thanks, I think?
            Bad batteries will show fully charged, but will discharge much quicker. So like you are experiencing, you will only get 12 holes out of the cart instead of the full 18 and then some. Did you buy the cart recently used?
            Regards

Comment

A good shop will have a load tester that can be hooked up and simulates a load and measures the time required to discharge the batteries. Usual cost is about 10 bucks and I wave the charge if they need to buy batteries.
              The cart man in Raleigh.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X