Reverse buzzer on 2009 EZGO RXV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse buzzer on 2009 EZGO RXV

Can I eliminate the reverse buzzer on my RXV? It is driving me crazy. I can't even figure out where it is located as there is a safety shield near the controller.

The reverse buzzer is under the seat on the passenger side under the splash guard for the electronics. Remove the three screws and/or push tabs. Should be a small round plastic piece with two wires black and red. The electronics on the rxv are very picky so i don't believe you can just unplug it. Take a piece of electrical tape or an ear plug and cover the buzzer hole. Should quiet it down enough.
    Updated by wthompson; January 22, 2014, 06:12 PM.

Comment

OK - this is what I was afraid of - If I just cut the wires there would be consequences. I have my little ear plug taped in place and it is working nicely - Thanks!

Comment

I guess the followup question on this is if the RXV is looking for a specific load on the reverse buzzer circuit or if an LED reverse light can be added without upsetting the system?

Comment

Posted earlier by wthompson View Post
          The reverse buzzer is under the seat on the passenger side under the splash guard for the electronics. Remove the three screws and/or push tabs. Should be a small round plastic piece with two wires black and red. The electronics on the rxv are very picky so i don't believe you can just unplug it. Take a piece of electrical tape or an ear plug and cover the buzzer hole. Should quiet it down enough.
          Electric tape around the buzzer does the trick nicely as suggested.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X