F&R problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F&R problems

I need some technical advice. I have a 2003 E-Z-Go TXT , 36 volt, non PDS or DCS. I assume it’s a fleet cart because I bought it from a dealer with a whole bunch of the same.
    This is my first cart and I am somewhat stupid about its’ internal workings.
    This is my problem. A month or so back it started acting up when shifting from foreword to reverse. While in reverse and pressing the accelerator I can here a solenoid click but no movement. Then the problem would shift to no movement in foreword but reverse would work fine. I noticed two of the contacts on the F&R switched were discolored from over heating so I installed 4 new contact studs and replaced the cam assembly. That didn’t work. So ---- anyone have an idea of what’s going on and how I can fix it?

Thanks

It sounds like the main contacts on the F/R switch are not meeting properly. You can also check the microswitch on the shifter mechanism.
    Regards

Comment

I have a similar problem with a 2005 ezgo PDS.
      Except mine will click then move slowly when the pedal is lightly depressed, then stop all together when it is fully depressed. Thus happens in either forward or reverse.
      The diagnostic code comes up as 2-1 for low voltage, but all 6 batteries read at least 6.3 volts. The water level was a bit low on all so I topped them off and recharged. Still the same result.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X