Cutting plastic body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting plastic body

Is there a good way to cut the body to install front and rear lights? I just bought a 2007 EZGO pds to run around our campground, but it doesn't have lights. I ordered a set from Buggies Unlimited, but the cart is at camp so I have to take any tools that I need with me. Any ideas?
    thanks in advance

Believe it or not I was able to use a utility Knife on my Club Car Precedent. I first drilled a hole then used that as my starting point. The hole was for my rear taillight wires so it didn't have to be exact. You should not try this if you don't have confidence in your knife cutting the line you drew.

Comment

Buy a roto zip and with the plastic bit it's like cutting cake. I did fifteen sets in one day for a golf cart shop. Had most of them wired by the end of the day.
      sigpic
      I'm here to help!
      There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

thanks guys, I think i"ll go with the roto-zip, because I already have one. thanks again

Comment

First, nobody from New Castle, Pa goes camping. It is a camp!
          You may want to try a jigsaw with a hacksaw blade first. My adjustable speed B&D gave me all the control I thought I might need for a first time. When Andy says the roto will cout through like butter, he means it.

Comment

I have to agree with you about cutting like butter, I used my roto-zip with the plastic bit in it. I had no trouble with it, but I can see where you could get in trouble in a hurry. The lights look and work great. thanks for the help

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X