Should castle nut be loose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should castle nut be loose?

My 2006 Ezgo cart will not move, but the motor is working. I think I have diagnosed that it may be a hub problem. With the cart up on a lift, I push the pedal and the castle nut will turn but the wheel doesn't (or at least not with some resistance). That part all made sense to me until I touched the castle nut and saw that it is loose. Should it be that way? I would have to pull the cotter pin to tighten, but didn't want to do any more until I heard from someone that knows more than me. Please help?

If the motor is turning and the nut is loose then you may as well buy new hubs and put on it now since you have to take them off anyway.

The castle nut needs to be tight as it can. I mean put a cheater on it and tighten it down. Never, ever back it off to get the cotter pin to start always tighten it.
    sigpic
    I'm here to help!
    There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

When I tighten it after replacing the hub, is 140 ft lbs the correct torque setting? Thanks!

Comment

Put as much on it as you can get. 140 sounds right but go a little more if you c.an I always put as much as I can get on it.
        sigpic
        I'm here to help!
        There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X