Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery conversion 6 volt to 12

I recently got a ezgo cart the batterys are well shot is a understatement
    The guy I got it from said that I could change out the 6 volt battery's to 12 volt battery's

What battery's would work the best. ???? I am thinking optima yellow top but would like to know what other might of used

It is a 36 volt cart year well ....... Don't know from others I have seen its a 84 a 94 ???? It has a full metal body (very little rust) and a plastic nose cone

I put the cart in the air and used a 24v jump pack and the tires spun so know all the other components seem to work

Don't do it. The twelve volt pack will not last as long, operationally, as the six volt pack. It could well leave you stranded after an hours use.
    The battery rack in my EZGO was shot when I bought it too. No biggy. Bought an aluminum replacement, cut the old one out with a sawsall and bolted the new one in.

Comment

Ok well there goes that plan ...... Called the local cart shop and there battery's are 145 ..... Farm and fleet are 98. So looks like I go spend the 600 bucks

Have the cart torn down to just the frame gonna use some por 15 on it should make it last the battery trays turned out not to be to bad just a lot of flaking mud and surface rust

Comment

That's pretty common. Often times a little surface flake can look a whole lot worse than it really is. Six hundred isn't bad for a full set. As long as they are one of the better brands, (Trojan, Exide, etc).

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X