EZGO cart loses half power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZGO cart loses half power

I have a 2007 I believe EZGO golf cart with precision drive system 36 VLT. The cart just had all the batteries replaced about 6 months ago. It started acting up here recently like it was kicking in and out of high gear. Now it is stuck in low speed it seems like. It will go up any hill and has plenty of power but goes about 3MPH. There is a switch under the seat that says run or tow. If you switch it from run to tow then back to run then close seat and accelerate it will run fine for about 5 seconds then like a brake hits it slows back down to 3MPH. I took the throttle assembly apart and it looked fine I changed the chip or whatever you call it to a different one and same response. I can't figure out why flipping that switch would make it run good for a few seconds then goes back to being slow. Thanks

try this first put key in on position take fnr switch from forward to reverse five times the car will then beep at u . you are now in diagnostics mode place car in orward and drive it . the car will beep out a fault code .codes are listed on black box that covers controller under run/tow switch would almost bet that ur speed sensor is bad will cause car to go into limp home mode and run very slow. hope that helps

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X