Cart charging problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cart charging problems

2002 Electric - an old golf course cart. It has new batteries and the charger was just checked. When I plug it in it charges for ~1 minute then stops... Until I pull the plug and wait a few seconds then plug it in again. Charges a minute then stops again. Will not start charging again on its own. When I plug it in the back up buzzer beeps in a regular and consistent beep until the cart quits charging , then the beeping stops.

The cart can be charged with a trickle charger and runs fine.

My wife uses the cart and now she won't talk to me (or anything else) and my pooch who loves to ride won't lick my face unless I rub bacon on my nose.

I need help!

Any ideas before I have to take it to the shop....$$$$

Nearly forgot... Nice Forums!
    Updated by Merlin Orr; July 2, 2012, 08:04 PM.

Is it a 48 volt cart, have you checked voltage with a meter, and were you working on it or did it just not charge one day. Yes to all is OBC.

Comment

Posted earlier by gaminde View Post
      Is it a 48 volt cart, have you checked voltage with a meter, and were you working on it or did it just not charge one day. Yes to all is OBC.
      No Sir... No voltage meter but I will try to borrow one and check it out. Never worked on it...Just started quit charging one day.

And... Tried looking Googling OBC and got everything from Pink Floyd's Obscured by Clouds to OnlineBootyCall.com

Comment

It's not OBC I see that this is an ezgo .
        I keep pushing the portal button and there was no description under your cart sorry

Comment

You said you checked the charger HOW??
          it can only be two things the batterys and/or connections, and the charger.

Comment

Took the charger to a shop. They "said" it was OK... But.. yesterday I had a buddies trickle charger with a standard gold cart plug grafted on it and the cart did charge overnight. From this I now think the charger is worthless and the guys that checked it are too.

Comment

Well get a volt/ohm meter and lets check the diodes.

Comment

OK I will see if I can download a schematic of the charger and figure out what/where they are.... It is a Lester Powerwise II

Comment

See if this helps
                  Attached Files

Comment

See if this helps
                    Yes Sir. It sure does.

After a quick look I am not sure I feel up to the task....

Think I will lure my buddy over with the promise of cold adult beverages and see if "we" can get something done....

Thanks...!

Comment

See if this helps
                      Got it done..with your help. Bad circuit board in the charger along with a bad (brand new) battery. Up and running now with a strong cart. Momma is happy and, as we all know, "A Happy Wife is a Happy Life."

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      X