Can I drive on the street????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I drive on the street????

I am new to this forum and would appreciate any help I can get. I recently purchased a Sun EV in Fort Worth, Texas. State law says you cannot title and register a "golf cart" as a NEV. Texas law does say, as long as you have all the necessary equipment (light's, blinkers, insurance, etc.) it is legal to drive on the road within 2 miles from where it is primarily parked. I was told by an officer yesterday it had to have a license plate. Instead of arguing with him I said “Ok, sorry" and went home. I would like to know if anyone has run in to this problem and how to handle it. I really enjoy driving around the neighborhood with the kids.

In glancing through the Texas traffic code I found that golf carts are those vehicles primarily designed to be used on golf courses. I also found that any road vehicle must have head, tail, brake and turn signal lights, a horn and windshield wipers.
    there may be exceptions some where within the code but I did not see them in my five minutes there.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X