need information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need information

I have a 99 EZGO TXT with DCS and it does not move. It has the 9 pin controller. I would like to have theory of operation and wiring diagrams so I can figure this thing out. This cart came to me this way, so I don't have any clue what happened before it stopped. I am an auto tech so I checked the basics. Also when I hook up the ground wire I get a strong spark or arc.
    Updated by toptech2001; June 11, 2012, 08:18 PM.

Hook up the ground wire to what? Not being a smart..., just asking for clarity.
    Updated by pbsdaddy; June 12, 2012, 05:42 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry. It is when I hook up the ground cable to the battery post.

Comment

Do a search for jacobson cart manuals. You'll find one for EZGO electric carts. I would have linked it but it's a 2+ minute download on my high speed.

Comment

Look here for wiring a DCS cart. They hate low voltage and high voltage.
          This is a aftermarket controller but the wiring is the same. 95% of the time it's the controller on a DCS cart!

If you are get a good spark when hooking the ground up can you here the solenoid clicking in?
          Put the cart in neutral then try the ground.

http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/Doc1...S-wire-dia.pdf
          sigpic
          I'm here to help!
          There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

I checked and when the key is on the solonoid clicks but it doesn't when the key is off, and the spark at the negative post on the battery is the same either way.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X