Battery gauge help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery gauge help!

I have a 2 wire led gauge and i tied the + to the key switch and the - to the last battery will it work like this? or do i need a 3 wire gauge? It seems to work but my gauge was showing half charge and the batteries were dead. any help would be appreciated. it is a 36 volt 2007 ezgo
    Updated by busa; May 11, 2012, 10:46 AM.

not knowing anything about your gauge here is my best guess.

Two wire gauge is best connected direct to batteries every time you turn it off it resets itself.

Three wire gauge is made for switch installation because the third wire is memory and or reading, it uses micro amps (uAmps) on this wire and switches off the LED's which use mili Amps (mAmps)

use your meter on Amps or mAmps to read amps and its hooked in series with your led meter, either wire.

1 Amp = 1000 mAmps
    1 mAmp = 1000 uAmps

lets see how much it uses just sitting there.

Comment

Correct 100%.

Hook it straight to the battery pack it want hurt a thing.
      sigpic
      I'm here to help!
      There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

thanks guys gonna hook it straight to battery and get a 3 wir e gauge later. any suggestions on a 3 wire gauge?What is a good gauge i can turn off with the key switch? Ihave the 2 wire gauge tied to the switch now to turn off when cart is not in use but if it is not accurate enough then i will put it straight to the battery so it is always on till i get a new gauge to turn off with switch. The gauges i have been looking at says they need to be reset so will the 2wire gauge work with out having to reset it?
        Updated by busa; May 12, 2012, 10:34 AM.

Comment

I was told that the analog gauges are more accurate then the led gauges?

Comment

Guages are a very definite case of, "you get what you pay for". If you want a good guage with accurate indications, get one that recycles constantly. If you want one that gives you a relative idea of what's going one, get a cheap one. It really depends upon how much info you want.
            When speaking of the lesser cost guages, I would agree, the analogs are better than LED. However, when you get into the more effective guages, you have to leave the analogs to get real accuracy.

Comment

What gauge do u recommend?

Comment

I like the 2 wire digital read outs myself. I can see what the charger is doing while hooked up and never touch the cart. I have it wired straight to the batteries.

sigpic
                I'm here to help!

Comment

Look at my site under parts you can get the datel for 50.00 dollars

Comment

tried to find your site but couldnt find a pic of your gauge can u give me some more info?

Comment

I do not sell them go to gaminde.net look on the left for parts and under the parts you will see Digital Panel Meter 30-199VDC 3.5dig Red Two Wire LED this is the Datel meter and where to buy them.

Comment

I do not see a picture of the gauge. Do u have a pic of gauge and will it work wired to the key switch since it is onley a 2 wire gauge

Comment

what kind of gauge do u have andy4639 and where did u get it.

Comment

It looks like a Datel to me
                            1st off these are battery meters they measure voltage not state of charge they are most likely good to .1 or .01 volts. They can be wired any way you want.

Again I do not sell the meters, on my site it lists who sells them wholesale and there part number, check it out on there site, they will have more info than you can decipher.

Comment

Here is where I get mine.

http://www.datelmeters.com/cgi-bin/w...tmeters#2-wire
                              sigpic
                              I'm here to help!

Comment

Thanks guys and how does this gauge mount?

Comment

It comes with a clip that you slide over the backside and cut the dash so the front lip holds it in.
                                  sigpic
                                  I'm here to help!

Comment

found a digital gaug at fcbeletronicsusa anybody ever used one of these gauges?

Comment

Doug who used to be with this forum uses that meter and had me put it on the list. It's no datel but for 15 dollars you can get 5 of them. I think it's blue also which is much cooler than red.

Comment

yese ilike it better and the price but i want quality to

Comment

Our company produce the lithium battery for Golf-cart,E-bike,E-scooter etc,more than 9 years in China.We can offer very great price at first-class quality.
                                          Our 12V17Ah LiFePO4 battery replaced SLA battery in same case for golf-cart,It's very convenience to use it.

The most remarkable advantages of large format lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) compare with SLA are listed as below:
                                          A. The cycle life of LiFePO4 is more than 1000 times.but the SLA is 300 times.
                                          B. The Gravimetric energy density (Wh/kg) and volumetric energy density (Wh/L) of LiFePO4 is about 3-4 times of SLA.
                                          C. But for the weight and Size comparison for the same capacity,the LiFePO4 is just 1/3 of SLA.

There are many other models with different style are available.

Sophia

Sales Manager(International Sales Dept 2nd)
                                          Vaima Battery Industrial Co,LTD
                                          www.vaima.com.cn
                                          Tel: 86-755-23937015 Mobile:86-13691690496
                                          Fax: 86-755-61640782
                                          Email:sophia@vaima.cn
                                          Email:vmbattery.sophia@gmail.com
                                          MSN:sophia8899@hotmail.com

Comment

I have the same thing Andy has. IMHO, it's the only way to go.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                            X