EZ Go charger question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZ Go charger question

I recently bought a 2000 TXT, with new trogan batteries. The battery meter read full when I bought it. It read 2/3 when I tried to charge it. The charger is a Powerwise.The first time I plugged it up for a few hours, it charged a 20 amps. I didn't want to leave charging overnight unattended. Plugged it up this morning and it started charging at about 20 amps again. The battery meter is at about 3/4 and there are 39 volts across the pack. The charger is clicking and the needle jumps from 0-20 amps like it is overloaded. Seems like something is wrong to me. Any thoughts on this?

Plugged the charger directly into the outlet, I guess it did not like the drop cord I have used for years with the old cart. Anyway, all seems well for now.
    Updated by exit408; April 29, 2012, 02:54 PM.

I am assuming this is a 36 volt cart? The 20 amps is normal for the beggining charge. Depending on how depleted the batteries are it could take 10+ hours to fully charge

Comment

I try not to use any drop cords when charging. Try and keep them straight if you do no coils in them they heat up faster in coils than if straight.
      sigpic
      I'm here to help!
      There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Posted earlier by andy4639 View Post
        I try not to use any drop cords when charging. Try and keep them straight if you do no coils in them they heat up faster in coils than if straight.
        There isn't anything wrong with using a drop cord as long it is the proper size for the Amperage being used for....IE For a 20 amp breaker use a size 12 wire drop cord. Most try to get away with the cheap stuff which could = Fire

Comment

89Gatorclub,
          Well I didn't say there was anything wrong with using them.
          Also a cord coiled up will heat up faster than one that is layed out straight.

Straight off the website.
          LESTRONIC II BATTERY CHARGER
          EXTENSION CORD REQUIREMENTS
          Always use a three conductor No. 12 AWG heavy
          duty cord with ground, properly wired, in good
          electrical condition and keep it as short as possible.
          Make sure the pins on the plug of the extension cord
          are the same number, size and shape as the AC
          plug of the battery charger. The use of an improper
          extension cord could result in a risk of fire or
          electrical shock. Locate all cords so they will not be
          stepped on, tripped over or otherwise subjected to
          damage or stress.
          sigpic
          I'm here to help!
          There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Show More Comments