Upgrade controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade controller?

I have a 2008 ez go PDS 36v with a backseat and 4" lift and 23" wheels and tires. It runs great now but I have been told it will burn out my stock controller so I need to upgrade controller and solenoid. I drive it slow around the campground on pretty flat ground and really dont need more speed or torque. I just want it to be reliable. Wadda yall think?

I drove my 04 PDS cart with stock controller with 23" tires for 8 years without any problems. I used it at our beach house.

sigpic
    I'm here to help!
    There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

The recommendation is to upgrade the controller but like Andy said you may not have any problems at all.

Comment

Yeah, what he said. From just my own experiences, I think that if you have fairly flat ground and don't stall it, it will work for a while. They do not like heavy loads and for someone to think it is a 6 sec racer. I think gradual is the key.

But, start saving your pennies for the better controller, it is worth it.
        03 E-Z-Go, DCX 400, currently 36vt, 4in, brush guard, 22in Saharas, 12in ITPs, Screaming Yellow, 30MPH :mrgreen: 99 Oasis converted to a MPT 1200, 4in lift, Silver Metallic Pink matching 12in ITP wheels, 08 MPT 1200 in progress, 05 Club Car DS Gasser

Comment

Mine has never seen but one hill and that was the first buggie Bonanza they held. I drove it a little that day but not much.

The cart see's 4 adults regularly but it's all flat ground.
          sigpic
          I'm here to help!
          There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X