Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western cart wiring

need help with Western cart battery wiring

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey Doug/ Matti :

I have a customer that just bought a Western cart. When he got the cart, it had three 12 volt batteries ( car batteries) in it. It also has a 36 volt EZGO (brand on charger) charger with it.

I am going to install six 6 volt batteries in the cart for him. I need to get 3 additional cables, but I need help with a few things :

1-- I need a battery wiring diagram.

2- I need to know how to tell what year cart it is. I want to make sure it is a 36 volt cart, and not some oddbal 42 volt set up.
    I don't see any info plate anywhere.

3- Does anyone have a picture inside the battery compartment of the other wires that are in there?

Thanks guys.

Hey Doug, I ordered one of the cadex spectro ca-12. Can't wait to get it.

redman34

The Western should have an 11 digit serial number stamped on the frame arch over the rear wheel on the passenger side. Post up the number and I should be able to tell you what it is.
    There are no 42v electrical parts for carts except the charger so the 42v and 36v carts used the same parts. The 42v and 48v carts used a 36v-48v controller and the 36v used a 24v-36v controller.
    The battery wiring is the same as an Ezgo, here's a link: Ezgo 36v Battery Wiring
    I have a picture of my 42v but I need to know what year the cart is before I suggest a few things.
    Can you post up a photo of the cart or is it at the customer's place?
    Updated by dougmcp; December 28, 2011, 10:59 PM.

Comment

The cart is at the customers home.

I will go by tomorrow and see if I can get that number.

I bought him six 6 volt batteries tonite, from Sams.

But the frame where the batteries sit, look like they are spread out in clusters , maybe.

They definately don't sit side by side, in two rows, like they do in a ezgo.

Thats why I wanted the battery layout and wiring diagram.

I need to buy some battery cables for him, but don't know the lengths, since I am not sure of the layout.

Comment

Doug that link is not the correct one for this Western 36 volt cart.

The ezgo picture has the batteries in rows.

I think the frame looks like the layout is something like this :

1 2 2 1

front of cart
        Updated by redman34; December 29, 2011, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Redman, also if you can snap a picture and post them up of the looks of the cart and the battery compartment it may help. If we can find out the year, we can post the diagram which should show the battery layout.
          Regards

Comment

I looked for the number that Doug was referring to, and i did see a number stamped in the steel.

It was hard to read, but this is what i think it is :

3OC(could be a zero instead of C)2(could be an 8 instead of 2)5285

anyone? Buehler?

Comment

There are no numerals in a Western number so you likely have 30025285 but there should be more numbers, 10 to 11 from what I know.
              If that's all the numbers there are it is likely a 1985 Model 300 cart built on the old Ezgo Marathon frame.
              Your battery layout should look like Figure "E":

If the cart you are working on is as old as I think it will look like this 1988 light blue one:

The newer 300's look like this teal colored one:
              Attached Files
              Updated by dougmcp; December 30, 2011, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X