Baterries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baterries

HI guys just had a thought why couldn't you use 3x 12v car batteries?

Instead of 6x6V batteries to make up your 36V?

Nobody said you can't. But if you do, you will have less run time and the batteries will only last about 2.5 years as compared to 4 years at the other setup.
    Regards

Comment

Cheeris Matti.

Comment

Regards

Comment

Hey guys was wondering how long should you get out of a full charge?

My dad and i have done 3 x 18 holes (golf) and the batteries when tested with a volt meter was still showing 36.1v.
          Updated by Ryan_84; December 22, 2011, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Batteries in good condition should be able to go 54 holes so yours seem OK.
            36.1v is only about a 40% charge and it is getting close to the end.

Comment

At 36.1v would i get another round of 9 holes?

Comment

Posted earlier by Ryan_84 View Post
                At 36.1v would i get another round of 9 holes?
                Maybe but you wouldn't really want to run the batteries down that low as it will affect your battery longevity.
                In a perfect world batteries would never be discharged any more than 20% with an 80% charge still left on them. You would probably get 8-10 years out of the pack but that is not really practical.
                The battery manufacturers would like you to recharge after they get to 50% and never let the batteries get below 20% state of charge.
                You can find a State of Charge Chart here: http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...rge-chart.html
                If you have any questions about it or more battery questions, post away.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X