Can only press accelerator half way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can only press accelerator half way.

I have a 95 E Z GO electric golf cart i just bought. Cart accelerates to 10 to 12 mph then it starts to slow down. Does the electric carts have a govorner? You can drive the cart around as long a you only press the accelarator half way. Any ideas?

That would be the POT box, watch where the shifter linkage hooks up to near the batteries, there is a box that has a glider with contacts along it that may be covered up. Take the cover off and watch the glider slide over the contacts, there will be a dirty or malfunctioning contact that is not allowing it to hit a certain speed level. You can fix it by replacing the broken contact or replacing the whole box unit.
    Regards

Comment

Does your 95 Ezgo have a plastic body or metal body?
      If it is plastic it will likely have an ITS (hall effect) throttle assembly and may need adjustment.
      If it is metal it may be either a 0-5k ohm potbox or an ITS throttle.
      Which cart do you have and what is the manufacturing number and serial number located in the passenger side glovebox?
      Once we find out which one it is I can get you the info on the troubleshooting and adjustments.
      Updated by dougmcp; August 1, 2011, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Relpacing the POT box fixed the problem, thanks

Comment

Congrats on the fix!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X