X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary clutch 1985 Marathon

Hi.
    first time here.
    We bought a 1975 Marathon 2 stroke gas cart in great condition.
    It runs great.
    Yesterday, we noticed that all of a sudden it had much more speed.
    I found the problem.
    The secondary drive had a dust cover over it and there is supposed to be a button or spacer which contacts the governor plate.
    I think this is designed to stop the secondary clutch from opening too far, and limits the speed.
    I doubt that there are parts for this.
    Any ideas on what to do?
    My first thought is to remove the governor plate and just manage the speed on my own.
    Will this damage anything?
    I appreciate your help.
    Thanks!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 1 photos.

Check out a company called "Nivel". They have all kinds of aftermarket parts for golf carts. Part numbers for parts you may be looking for are 208 and 209. 208 is the dust cover which i think comes with the button and 209 is the button kit. I work for an EZGO dealership and can tell you that a lot of parts for these older carts are not available through EZGO. You have to go with a company that sells aftermarket. I buy a lot of parts from Nivel and have not had any real issues with their parts. I would be careful eliminating the governor. These older 2 strokes weren't designed to run at higher rpms. I've seen them get too hot and seize up. If you are careful and keep your foot out of it you should be ok if you want to go that route. The parts that it would take to fix your cart would most likely be under $20.00 with shipping.

Hope this helps

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X