Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil gas ratio

Collapse
This is a sticky topic. Sticky topics are carefully selected for their exceptional quality and relevance. These topics stand out for providing valuable insights, comprehensive information, and expert guidance on the subject matter. When you see this message, you're accessing top tier content that has been curated to deliver the most relevant and insightful information available.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil gas ratio

ok just been in forum a few days I have seen not on this forum another random one talking about how to mix oil gas ratio for a 1986 2 stroke and more than couple times i have seen people say. 124:1 which is 1 oz to a gallon of gas. I have been around motorcycle 2 strokes and have never heard of a mixture no more oil than that. I got a 1986 2 stroke and mix it 2.5 oil to gallon of gas it doesn't smoke or filed a plug I'm scared it would lock up if I mix it 1 oz to gallon gas Has anyone else heard or do this just curious thanks.

I use 3oz to 1 gallon in just about anything I'm unsure about. Too much oil you gotta clean out some gunk too little and bye bye engine

Comment

Factory spec for EZGO Marathon 2-cycle is 128:1, but don't pour it straight into your tank separately. Mix it thoroughly beforehand. You'll want to start with a clean container that shows measurements. Then, for every gallon of gas, you'll need just 1 ounce of 2-cycle oil. Slowly pour the oil into the container, followed by the gasoline. Make sure you're using good quality gas. Once they're both in there, seal up the container tight and give it a good shake to mix everything up real good. After that, let it sit for a bit to settle, then carefully pour it into your golf cart's fuel tank. Sticking with 128:1 ratio keeps the spark plug clean and your engine running smoothly. During each run, which typically covers 5 miles, you can safely maintain a consistent engine speed between 3200 and 3750 RPM.

While this may seem lean to some, and for those in extreme hot climates, you can experiment using a slightly more 2-cycle oil without worry, but monitor the spark plug closely after every tank and look for darkening and excessive oil build up. The spark plug should always maintain a nice coffee with cream light brown color.

What exactly does 128:1 mean? If you're mixing 1 gallon (128 ounces) of gasoline, you'll need 1 ounce of 2-cycle oil for the 128:1 ratio.

Use regular 2-cycle oil, which is tailored for engines relying on air for cooling and better for 2 cycle engines operating at higher temperatures, like the 2PG engine in your 2 cycle EZGO. Marine 2-cycle oil is designed for water cooled engines found in boats and jet skis, offering protection against salt water corrosion and water intrusion for lower temperature water cooled engines.
      Updated by Michael Eddie; 4 weeks ago.
      Regards

Comment

I use 2.5 oz per gallon and have no problems.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X