Yamaha G1A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha G1A

Newbie here...I recently bought a used G1A from an elderly guy who was unable to start it. He was in poor medical shape so I didn't think that was a big deal, so I'm stuck with it.

I have run the cart but it's an experience. There is an electric fuel pump cobbled in line between the tank and the carb, and the power for it is a wire with an alligator clip...I found out why when I started it. With the electric pump connected full time, the cart runs at full speed with no throttle control! You can imagine how scary that was the first time I ran it. So, I disconnected it, but in that case the cart only runs for about 50 yards or so, and then dies and won't restart unless primed by the electric pump.

I see in the parts diagram that I need a stock fuel pump that is driven off of engine vacuum. Can someone provide me a detailed photo so I will know how to mount it? The vacuum line has been blocked off, and when the engine is running it seems to run just fine. I need to know how to mount the fuel pump and any other details before I invest the money to buy it.
Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X