97 club car fuel filters question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 club car fuel filters question

I recently received a 97 Club Car DS Gasoline cart. It was not running well and after looking into it a while I found a break in the fuel filter between the tank and the fuel pump. I remove the filter (there was a second one between the pump and carb) and everything seemed great - until last week.

Cart decided not to start and run more than a few seconds - maybe 10. So, today I replaced both fuel filters, spark plug (with correct gap now), air filter and changed the oil. JOY - the cart is running again.

Ok, my question is - are the fuel filters supposed to only be half full of fuel? The new filters are clear enough to see the fuel in the filters - and both are only about 1/2 full. When I disconnected the fuel filter output at the carb, and step on the gas pedal, fuel pumps out with some pressure - but it contains air bubbles, almost like foam.

Is this normal or do I have a problem? If I have a problem, what the heck is it? I checked the fuel pickup tube - and it appears to have no leaks. The fuel line and filter on the suction side of the pump appear to have no leaks as well. So, where are the bubbles coming from? Can the fuel pump do this and if so is that OK or not?

Thanks for any help/guidance you can provide.

Fuel filters are fine at half full, dont worry about it. I dont know about the foaming problem, but if it is running fine dont worry about it just yet. How is it running right now?
    Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X