Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 club car problem

Thank God I found you guys.
    We have owned this cart for 12 years. Use it around the farm, and for racing. It has been a great cart and I believe that it has many more years in it. I keep it maintain. The front axle had some problems and it sat for 6 months, we went and Fixed the problem,and I cleaned the gas tank and serviced it just before this started, it ran good and away we went. ...but now here we go.
    this is a 97 with a Kawasaki 8hp. It was (and is) flooding to the point of filling the crankcase with gas. At first I thought it was the hollow plastic float causing this problem, replaced it still flooding, replaced fuel line, filters & carb with new..still there. Bought another new carb and still there. and I have taken apart these carbs and checked the valve seats all good, although I'm not crazy about the spring loaded needle valve they use. It's to the point that I'm wondering about the pressure / suction on the fuel pump from the crank case. I did clean the vent on the fuel pump, the air line to the pump. and everything appears fine. It runs great if I pinch the fuel supply line to restrict the amount of pressure it gets, but when released it floods, and the gas is running out for the center jet. it only smokes when the gas is in the crankcase and it is overfilled.
    Is there any type of restriction on the fuel pump system that limits the pressure on the float, or is there something I'm totally missing here?
    thanks for your help
    -Ross

Hi Ross. I would run a compression test, sounds like your rings and seals are getting worn out.
    Regards

Comment

i also run into this problem once. I had a full tank of gas which my cart doesnt like. i went up a hill and thats when it happened. Havent filled my tank full ever since and nor do i go up that same hill anymore and i havent had a problem since

Comment

diaframe in your fuel pump might have a hole in it leting the gas go though the hose that goes down to the crank case

Comment

I have a 1997 club car with simular problem. It runs great but if I let sit over night there is gas In crank case and air filter box. I did compression test 160 psi held good

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X