radio wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radio wiring

Have a 08 precedent. adding a overhead console, w/radio and speakers. Can connect to yellow wire on light switch for 12v memory...purple on ignition switch for on /off. ground to frame.does this sound ok. also where can i run wires to conceal them, down tubing. then how to get into firewall. any help would be great,,, thanks

You should run 2 wires from the positive terminal of the battery. One for the memory, and the other for the 12 volt power. For the one with the 12 volt power, put a switch in the wire so that you can turn it on and off when needed, this way your battery will not go dead. Ground it to a bolt on the frame.

When I run wires, I look for trim to pull off and conceal it behind that. To get through the firewall you can run wires under the cart. Hope this helps
    Regards

Comment

where is the fuse panel. think i blew a fuse. lights work but no power to ignition switch

Comment

for a 08 gas precedent.

Comment

sorry for all the questions. i found the 10v fuse , I have my 12 v continuos going to blue on light switch.checked with meter and has 12v.My hot is to the purple on ignition switch, turns radio on and off with switch.Ran it to a toggle than to the radio. can be turned on and off with ignition or toggle.grounded to frame. my question is the toggle has 3 prongs. hot on first prong.2nd prong to radio.3rd prong has a light. jumped 2nd and 3rd but light does not work.can hook up hot to 3rd prong but won't power the radio. Am puzzled.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X