Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil leak problem.

1992 club car, not sure of the engine. Valve cover says "Club Car OHV",
    Runs good but is spewing oil all over the engine compartment.
    Anyone else have this problem?? If so, what is wrong???
    Thanks.

o-ring at bottom of oil fill tube or side cover gasket behind the clutch. Remove oil fill tube and replace o-ring first, it's cheap and easy to replace. Clean/degrease engine compartment and drive. If you still have a leak it's probably the side cover gasket. I have replaced both of these alot. If the o-ring doesn't fix it let us know and we can help with the side cover gasket replacement.

Item #12 at the bottom of picture is the o-ring part # 1016539.
    Attached Files
    Updated by wthompson; October 21, 2013, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I have a 1992 and had the same problem. I found the nuts on the side cover were loose. One nut had a wire clip under it so it was tight on the clip but the nut underneath was loose. I tightened these and the problem got much better but was still there. When I was tightening bolts I bumped the oil fill tube and it came out. I thought I broke it but it went back in. Now I know I should have replaced the o-ring. Maybe that will eliminate the problem.
      Brian
      Updated by samandtheduck; October 24, 2013, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Thank you all very much for the help. Guess what? I found the problem....
        I removed the generator/starter so I could see things more clearly. Low and behold the expansion plug in the casing next to the clutch was missing. I could look down into the
        crankcase... More looking and I found the plug. Rubber expansion part was bad and apparently had not been installed correctly.... I replaced the rubber part and everything is great, no more leaks.
        Thanks again,
        Larry

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X