Precedent Model doesn't always go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precedent Model doesn't always go

Step on the gas and it is just clicking....that's all I'm getting right now.
    The battery tested at 12.54, so I don't think its the battery.
    I've been dealing with inconsistent starting all year. Sometimes it goes, sometimes if I wiggle the shifter a bit, it goes....sometimes I hold the gas pedal down and nothing, then 1-2 seconds later it goes....any ideas?? is there a micro switch on the gear shifter that could be the problem??

If the solenoid clicks then the micro switches should be good. I would check for voltage on both sides of solenoid when pedal is pressed and replace if you don't have it. check the starter/generator white large cable make sure it's tight and the other large cables and ground, if any of them look like ty have been hot and discolored remove and replace cable lug and wire brush stud. Have seen a bad connection on starter/gen. cause your problem.

Comment

I agree with the bad connection, you might put your meter back on the battery and test the voltage with the pedal pressed and solenoid clicking, and also on the input (large wire) of the solenoid and see if the voltage drops when pedal is pressed.
      Updated by gaminde; October 13, 2013, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Thanks Guys!!
        So I put my multi meter on the 2 large posts of the solenoid and depressed the pedal....it was clicking and it read 3.5.
        When I tested my battery with the pedal depressed and the solenoid clicking, the battery tested at 4.0.
        My battery tested at 12.54 without the pedal depressed.
        All of the wires attached to the starter are secure and tight.
        Updated by martyf; October 14, 2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Posted earlier by martyf View Post
          Thanks Guys!!
          So I put my multi meter on the 2 large posts of the solenoid and depressed the pedal....it was clicking and it read 3.5.
          When I tested my battery with the pedal depressed and the solenoid clicking, the battery tested at 4.0.
          My battery tested at 12.54 without the pedal depressed.
          All of the wires attached to the starter are secure and tight.
          You can't test the solenoid across the two large terminals either terminal to pack ground, but it sounds like a bad battery.

Comment

i agree with gaminde, it sounds like a bad connection at battery or a bad battery.

Comment

I will check all the battery connections...I replaced the battery last year once....the new battery lasted about 2 months....so, they replaced it again...this battery has ran the rest of the year until Saturday....I put my charger on the battery today and it showed 90% charge...I depressed the gas pedal while the charger was on the battery and the solenoid starting clicking a bit faster and louder, but no go on the starter

Comment

Sounds like my post "92 Club Car hesitates" I put on a few weeks ago. You say you checked the battery with the pedal depressed and solenoid clicking and it read 4.0V which would mean a bad battery or connection. If you have replaced it recently maybe your charger system isn't working. I have to put a meter on my battery to see if that is my problem but I have eliminated just about everything else.
                Brian

Comment

Thanks samandtheduck!!
                  This is the 4th battery in 2 years....
                  The battery has good charge at 12.54 without the pedal depressed.
                  Any idea how to check the charging system??

Comment

I haven't done it on a golf cart but on any other vehicle the voltage when it is running should be around 14V-14.5V. The voltage when sitting should be 12.5V-13V but shouldn't drop below 11V-12V when starting. If you have replaced 4 batteries in 2 years something is wrong.
                    Brian
                    Updated by samandtheduck; October 15, 2013, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X