Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Club Car Golf Cart Running Issue-Help

Hi,
    I have a 2002 Club Car with a gas engine (Kawaski 290). When I start the golf cart it runs for about 100 feet and then starts missing and runs but struggles.

This problem has existed before doing the following changes so I have ruled out the fuel system.

I have changed the fuel lines (hoses), shut off valve for fuel, filters, fuel pump and put a new carb on, spark plug, changed oil, and filter. I originally thought it was a fuel issue. but its not.

The golf cart charges the battery so the magneto is fine. What I'm thinking is a bad coil? as it appears that it happens when its warm / hot. What I'm not sure is do these have issues with rev limitors? or is there a CDI box somewhere.

Any suggestions, or Ideas as I do not want to keep replacing parts?

Thanks-

Larry

To me is still sounds like a fuel issue. Too much fuel. Is the plug wet or black? Is the choke opening? Float might be sticking. Is fuel coming out of the over flow tubes and make sure the bowl vent is not plugged. Charging the battery has nothing to do with the magneto.
    Updated by Larry1950; July 8, 2013, 06:51 PM.

Comment

check valve lash/clearance, should be .005 inch cold. could be a clogged pulse line to fuel pump?

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X