Newbie to club car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie to club car

Hi all! Im so glad I found this forum and I hope it helps me out, the posts I've read through so far seem great. ok so here's my deal-Grandma has a gas club car- she doesn't know anything else about it other than she's had it since she moved into the golf community 17 yrs ago-ish. I recently replaced the brushes after her local shop quoted her $$$$$$$$ for a new generator after telling her she should scrap the thing because no one uses gas anymore( my thoughts were the guy just wanted the cart) !..Now the crankcase gasket is leaking oil- from what Im finding this isn't a walk in the park to get at - special tools etc- I need to find out the clutch tool and what that involves as well as the drive assembly mess Im getting myself into to help her out and not have to take the cart to a shop.I have a serial number for the cart but can find no markings on the engine or anything else anywhere- it is all original to that cart but she doesn't even remember what yr it is ( she's in her 90s- and yes she still golfs!!)..so thank you for reading my rather lengthy post and if anyone can point me in the right direction I'll be your best friend..no j/k..Id really appreciate!

Without knowing what motor is in the cart, can't help much. Probably a Robin 2 cylinder.Take a pix and post it. First check the drain plug, that is usually the leak.

Comment

The serial number will tell if you can post it. The kawasaki is bad about leaking at crankcase cover and oil fill tube o-ring, i have repaired many of these. Post the seial number and then we can help

Comment

TO: Larry1950... He said CLUB CAR!! Club Car never manufactured a 2 CYCLE. Besides, how in the world are you going to drain oil
        out of a 2-CYCLE?
        The cart man in Raleigh.

Comment

Serial Number since 1986 has been 1 or 2 Letters, then 2 NUMBERS, then serial number. The First Letters denote the model (IQ, A, etc) the First 2 numbers are the year. The only special tool you will need is a CLUTCH PULLER BOLT. PLEAS NOTE: Engines were made that rotate clockwise and counter-clockwise. Look for a Yellow ARROW behind clutch on housing. If it is pointing in a clockwise direction, The BOLT holding the clutch on is LEFT-HAND thread. Once wrung off, a modified puller bolt will be required plus the hassle of getti9ng it out or buying a new Crank. (very expensive mistake)
          The cart man in Raleigh.

Comment

Posted earlier by bonduranth View Post
            TO: Larry1950... He said CLUB CAR!! Club Car never manufactured a 2 CYCLE. Besides, how in the world are you going to drain oil
            out of a 2-CYCLE?
            I said 2 cylinder not 2 cycle

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X