Club Car Backfires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Car Backfires

What would make an 97 Club Car backfire when the rev limiter kicks in. Hold it to the floor and it will backfire just as the rev limiter kicks in,, runs great other than that...

Usually a rev limiter cuts one cylinder or all cylinders on a multi cylinder, or disrupts the ignition on a single cylinder. Raw fuel goes thru the motor into the exhaust and is ignited in the muffler from heat. Could blow the muffler apart.
    Updated by Larry1950; April 2, 2013, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Any fixes to this that you know of?

Comment

Don't hit the rev limiter, its there for a reason.

Comment

I just rebuilt EH 29 C in a EZ go. Have the back jacked up and the thing runs great except on high idle (pedal to the floor) it kind of misses when at high RPM's. Is this the rev limiter doing what it is supposed to do?

Comment

It is also possible the valve lash is not set correctly. Make sure the cam timing is right, then set the valves to .004" for general use, or .006" if continuous running. Cold engine. Too tight or too loose valves can cause all sorts of problems. I have seen the cam timing off by just a few degrees to several degrees. Make sure the cam belt is properly adjusted, while your are at it put in a new belt.
            Updated by Larry1950; April 9, 2013, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Lash is set to .004". Timing is correct and new timing belt. Wasnt sure if EZ gos had rev limiters or not. I have spark tester on engine and I loose spark on high RPMS. OHMed coil. primary is a little out of spec and cant seem to get any reading on secondary. I have new coil coming. Thanks for your response.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X