06 gas club car precedent exhaust heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 gas club car precedent exhaust heat

hey everyone, i am a newbie and have a ? about my cart. The exhaust pipe under the seat seems to get hot pretty fast and stays hot for quite awhile. it only takes about 5 or 10 min. of riding it before you can feel the heat coming up through the seat. when it is cool outside the heat on your butt from the exhaust feels pretty good but when it is hot out it almost burns ya. i also have a club car ds but you cant feel the exhaust heat from sitting on the seat on that one. any suggestions on why you would feel the heat coming through the seat on the precedent? thanks guys

anybody else having this problem with their gas precedent????

Comment

Exhaust gases can be upwards of 1500 degrees and the pipe/muffler will be very hot very fast. However are your sure the heat is coming from the exhaust, the pipe should exit out the back of the cart and should have a heat shield around the muffler. It could be the cooling system of the motor is blowing hot air from around the motor and not venting properly causing the seat to get hot. If its is exhaust that is heating the seat it could mean a possible fire hazard. If you can feel the heat on your tushy its a lot hotter under that seat, You better find out why its that hot.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X