questions about oil level sensor 1996 CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about oil level sensor 1996 CC

I have a 1996 Club Car. I changed the oil recently and life demands were such that it was several days between the time that I removed the drain plug and filter and when I got back to the task and installed the new filter, drain plug and new oil. Now, the oil light stays on all the time. I have started the cart and driven around the back yard. I have checked the dip stick after the cart has set for several hours and the dip stick indicates the correct oil level. I have restarted the cart and the light comes on again. The Club Car 1995-1996 Maintenance Service manual trouble shooting chart indicates that the oil sensor needs to be replaced.

I have checked the internet and I find that the oil sensor is priced from $58.30 to $100 plus.

I have not found in the maintenance manual a recommended procedure as to how to get the sensor out. The sensor is at the back of the engine, on the passenger side of the motor, below the starter, under the removealbe black plastic cover near the bag storage area, under the wire basket where I can see it but not reach it.

Question 1. Is there an easier way to get to the sensor other than to remove the wire basket, remove the black plastic panel above the rear axle, and remove the starter?

Question 2. What tools do I need to be able to remove the sensor once I get a path opened up to be able to reach the sensor?

Question 3. Is there a chance that the sensor just needs to be cleaned?

Question 4. Is there a way to check the sensor to determine that the sensor really is bad?

Question 5. Any recommendations as to where to get the lowest price on a new sensor?

Question 6. Does anyone know who made the motor or who makes the sensor so I can check with the OEM for a price on the sensor?

Thanks for reading my post and any help you can give me.

Don Cook

If it worked before the oil change,it should be still good. Check the wiring going from the sensor, something may have come unplugged in the process of the oil change

Comment

did you by chance NOT put any oil in the filter when replacing it??

Comment

Gaminde,

I put oil on the rubber seal of the filter. I did not put any oil in the filter. How can not putting oil in the filter impact the sensor?

Don

Comment

Depending on where the sensor is located in the system It may not have primed correctly having no oil in the filter. Measure how much really came out, Maybe try putting a little extra in.

Comment

gaminde, I added more oil and drove the cart up and down a steep hill for a couple of minutes. I then parked it on the steep hill with the back of the motor where the sensor mounts setting at the lowest point. I drove it again after about an hour and now all is well.

Thanks for your help. Don

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X