Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes

Hello, I have a 1990 club car which has virtually NO Brakes!!! Any tips on any adjustments or what I need to do to check the brakes out. thanks

Hello and welcome to GCF !! Block your front tires to keep the cart from rolling, lift rear of cart and remove wheels, If you have ever put brakes shoes on a car, then this is vey similar. There should be an adjustment stud on the back side of the brake plate at the very top, it usually has a rubber cover over it. By turining this stud you should be able to tighten or loosen the brake shoes within the drum. try turning the drum with each turn of the stud to see if you are going the right way.If the adjustment doesnt help, then its time for shoes. Loosen the adjuster stud until the drum can be removed, inspect the "meat" left on the brake shoes. Replace if worn.

Comment

Thanks Krustybucket..... I did as you said and sure enough they just need adjusting, plenty of pad left. I went ahead and took the drum off and "brake cleaned" everything. I am assuming I want to run the bolt in you was talking about until it the brake shoes just hits the drum, then back off one turn.... is that correct? The drum actually came right off, so I knew then something wasn't right.

Comment

I got brakes now, seem like new!!!! You da man Krustybucket, thanks!!!! This car has been sitting for a while, so I replaced the fuel filters, fuel lines, vacum line, new plug, air filter, and changed out the gas. Seems to run like a champ. Sheeeesh what would we all do without these forums????? Thanks again!

Comment

Glad to help bud, check back often and see if you can share with someone, you know...pay it forward kinda deal !!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X