Qeustions about Duro max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qeustions about Duro max

So im pretty new to the golf cart thing but am a gear head and have some decent abilities. But being new to this i was hoping to get some help from others that have swapped out their motor for the duro max. I pulled the stock 290 motor and went to set the duromax in to get an idea of how it will fit. Thats when i realized the fitment issue. I got the motor w elec start. The starter hits the rear axle and keeps the motor from sliding in. Has anyone used this motor w the starter on ? I planned on using the stock clutch and already have the adapter to install it ( just have to figure out how to remove the off old motor first , lol ). Any help or even pics would be greatly appreciated. Oh yea and did you use the stock belt ?

I was also wondering if anyone has kept the stock generator for charging the battery ?

I am in the middle of a very slow install of a 13 hp Honda Gx390 harbor freight clone? I did not lift the cart and I too have the problem of the starter hitting the transmission. First solution was to build a platform that is about 2 1/2 to 3" tall. That works but now the cc muffler won't fit. Second plan is to take off the clone starter and use the cc s/g. Hopefully this will be better. The only longer belt available from what I can tell is a Honda odyessey fl250? Which I think is two inches longer and will let u move the engine forward one inch.

Comment

I am in the middle of a very slow install of a 13 hp Honda Gx390 harbor freight clone? I did not lift the cart and I too have the problem of the starter hitting the transmission. First solution was to build a platform that is about 2 1/2 to 3" tall. That works but now the cc muffler won't fit. Second plan is to take off the clone starter and use the cc s/g. Hopefully this will be better. The only longer belt available from what I can tell is a Honda odyessey fl250? Which I think is two inches longer and will let u move the engine forward one inch.

Comment

Ive been busy and finally got a chance to clean up the cart to start mockin up the new engine. Glad i cleaned it up because i found 4 cracks in the frame. So after welding those i could continue w the motor. I had to remove the airbox and i set a 2x4 under the motor plate and it looks like ill be able to just clear the starter w a mount of similar height.Ill hopefully get somrwhere tomorrow w that part.

Comment

look at these post's and see if it will help you some.

http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...ress-pics.html

and

http://www.golfcartsforum.com/club-c...gine-swap.html

These two post's should give you all the info you need.

http://www.golfcartsforum.com/club-c...gine-swap.html

http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...ress-pics.html
          Updated by krustybucket; August 13, 2012, 04:09 PM. Reason: bad url

Comment

Thanks Krusty ! Ive been so busy i havent touched it. Now we are going out of town for holiday in a couple weeks and i need it done for the trip so i see a few late nights coming.

Comment

Got the motor in and runnin for the weekend. Took on camping trip , runs good climbs hills it couldnt before. But now the bad, stock duromax muffler was really close to seat so i added heat insulation to bottom of seat in hopes to get through weekend and change exhaust when i got back. Also started grinding when shifting then locked up in forward gear, after operating shifter and rolling back and forth i finally got forward gear and just left it in drive for remainder of weekend. Well on cruz w my brother in law , both of us in the 250 range , i geuss got the muffler to close to seat and to hot. It caught on fire in the road. So more stuff to fix and will post more later. Im sure i will have more questions.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X