02 Club Car Surging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 Club Car Surging

I have a 02 Clubcar with a Kawasiki engine that started surging when you press the gas pedal all the way down. I have replaced all of the inline gas filters and the drive belt. I took the seat off and drove it around the yard to see if anything is moving when it surges(throttle cable, belts, linkages etc>). Nothing is moving and the throttle cable stays at full throttle so, is it the governer or the fuel pump giving me grief..??
    I did also notice the filters were not filling completely as they should when I changed them out. I was told to remove the gas line going to the carburator and press the gas pedal and if gas shot out, then the pump was ok... I did that and some but, very little gas came out of the hose. How much is enough gas coming out of the line when the pedal is depressed? if it's a trickle then my pump is fine..? If I should have gas shooting out a few inches in a steady stream when the pedal is depressed, then my pump is bad..? Is this correct? Thanks for any help anyone can give.

The fuel pump works on crankcase pressure. Sometimes the line from the crankcase to the fuel pump gets clogged. Take the bottom line off the fuel pump,wipe it off, and blow into it untill you feel you're blowing bubbles in the oil in the crankcase. Leave the line off and turn the engine over. You should feel pulsation from the line. Replace and see if you get a better fuel flow (spurting) from the pump. If that doesn't work you may have a split in that line. So just replace that section. The clogging has become more problematic with the new additives in our gasoline. I heard one golf course solved the problem by using synthetic oil. Hope this helps.

Comment

Posted earlier by AndyM. View Post
      I have a 02 Clubcar with a Kawasiki engine that started surging when you press the gas pedal all the way down...
      Andy did you get your Club Car fixed?

Comment

Yes I did. As it turns out, it was the clutch not engaging completely. I drove it around the yard with the seat off and saw the drive belt was only riding halfway up the pulley. I took the new belt off to compare the width to the old. My son inadvertently pushed the seat into the gas pedal causing the engine to max out the rpm's. While we were trying to get the seat off the gas pedal the clutch slammed to the fully closed position. When it slammed closed a large cloud of dust came out of the clutch pack. I tapped on it for a while and removed as much dirt and dust as possible from the clutch pack and sprayed PB Blaster into it. Put the new belt back on and it has run perfectly since.
        I think by the belt not being pushed to the top by the clutch the engine was maxing out rpm and not seeing the right torque to stay consistent. Hope this helps somebody

Comment

Good to hear you figured out your problem and fixed it. It helps me to read past and current trouble posts of Gas DS Club Cars. I have a 2001 gas DS CC.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X