Introducing my new 2001 DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing my new 2001 DS

While researching carts to buy and prices here and at dealers big and small and Craigslist I found a CL post yesterday and it was already a day old post. I called and text a message and didn't hear back right away so I thought it was gone. Then I did get a call and made the promise to come and buy with cash so he held it for me.

After a two hour drive we met Dale a very nice man who merely wanted to sell the family's inheritance after a few years of enjoyment because he found a 2004 DS gas with a back seat. He got a good deal for his 2004 and passed the savings to Cindy and I on his 2001. Thank you Dale

BTW I told Dale about this forum so he may join. The more the merrier right?

Here is what Dale sold us for $1600. Nice deal right?

We were so hungry when we got back I fired up our Big Green Egg (another forum I belong to) and grilled up some burgers.

Here in the engine compartment is a Club Car hour meter.

I plan to carefully pressure wash off the cart all over unless it's a big no no.

I didn't find an owners manual here soooo maybe someone can help me out.

Thanks everyone who has helped me thus far. Tim

hose the hell outta it ! ! ! wont hurt a thing.

Comment

Hey pistolpete, Thanks for responding to my post. I did clean it up using my pressure washer.

I have a question for you. After looking over this cart closely Cindy and I decided to begin replacing worn out parts. Yesterday I replaced 4 sets of leaf spring bushings and the accelerator cable broke after I tried to adjust some slack out of it so that got replaced. I replaced the rubber motor type mount the old one was falling apart. The cover over the accelerator was broken so that got replaced. I found that the muffler has rusted out and has a hole in the top and the bottom but, worse of all is the nuts and studs are rusted badly as well. Do you think It is possible to get nuts and studs off the motor with out removing the head? I don't have a problem working on it myself and if necessary I could remove the head and let take it to a dealer...thanks in advance. Tim

Updated by Buell; May 1, 2012, 08:13 AM.

Comment

take a torch & heat the nuts only. after you get the old ones off get new ones, X4. double nut em on the studs & bck the studs out. USUALLY dont have to mess with the studs tho. try & get the new nuts in stainless, wont have that problem anymore.

Comment

Sounds good and like you said maybe the studs will be fine. I can do that and use stainless nuts. Thanks

I think the dealer wanted about $150. for the muffler unless you know a better place to get the parts for less with shipping.

After we get the the muffler fixed we will be looking for a good price for the flip back seat.

Today I put 5 gallons of regular no ethanol gas in the tank and added 5 oz of sea foam to it.

Since we got the DS I tried to adjust the accelerator cable because the cart had a lag time when we tried to drive at any steady speed and there was slack in the cable. Now that I changed the cable and sprayed a half a can of sea foam in the carb while running and took the slack out the cable and the cart has a lot of get up and go at first and seemed like you couldn't drive it slow and steady so I put a little slack back in the cable and now I feel like the cart drives fine and you can hold the foot feet and go at any speed and hold it steady. Maybe it was the sea foam that did the trick.

As far as I know the rev limiter has not been messed with or the governor but, I don't know for sure.

Comment

Sea Foam is awesome stuff !!

Comment

Keep us updated, I just bought a 01 CC just like that. Somebody should make a replacement perf muffler for that around that cost or maybe cheaper. Maybe someone will chime in on that. Good luck!

Comment

sea foam is good stuff BUT stay with the directions on the can !!! this is NOT one of those products that a little is good more is better!!! i've had to pull MANY gas tanks cuz folks over treated their carts. then you have 5 gallons of JELLO.

Comment

Posted earlier by krustybucket View Post
                  Sea Foam is awesome stuff !!
                  Thanks so far so good.

Comment

Posted earlier by vht View Post
                    Keep us updated, I just bought a 01 CC just like that. Somebody should make a replacement perf muffler for that around that cost or maybe cheaper. Maybe someone will chime in on that. Good luck!
                    Thanks vht. I'll post replacing my muffler and I also plan to get a flip flop back seat.

I have seen the muffler for my cart on the web for over $200.

Comment

Thanks pistolpete. I hear what you are saying and I appreciate you saying. I never used sea foam before or anything like it. I also have a Honda inverter EU2000i and I need to learn how to properly treat fuel that may stay in the respective fuel tanks for some time. Any suggestions are appreciated. Tim

Comment

The only fuel stabilizer I use is Sta-Bil.

http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/stabil/default.aspx

If your going to store something for a while with fuel in it, get this stuff and follow the directions on it, Its not to expensive and it works.

Comment

Thanks krustybucket I will look into sta-bil and give it a try. I have lots of small engines I have to prep during our winter months. Tim

Comment

make shure you get the stay bil for ethenol gas. i only use star-tron. stay bil puts a film on top of the gas to keep water out, star tron actually treats the gas and keeps it from separating.

Comment

Posted earlier by vht View Post
                              Check with Cart Parts Plus, they have a performance exhaust kit for Club Car that supposedly increase horsepower by 15-20% for about another hundred bucks or so. Might as well upgrade while you are at it. http://www.cartpartsplus.com/club-ca...e-exhaust.html

Comment

Hey pistolpete, I try not to buy fuel with ethanol in it for my small engines and motorcycle but, sometimes I will use non ethanol in our two Ford trucks.

It looks like using Sta-Bil Ethanol Treatment to treat each tank of fuel keeps moisture away and Star Tron Fuel Treatment treats the fuel. I guess Star Tron may be cheaper to use than seafoam.

I have been going to a mom and pop gas station that only sells non ethanol fuel. I have asked them if it is true because you never know if the sign outside is true and the owners have assured me it's true. I can only imagine the truck that delivers the fuel to them may have had left over fuel in the tank from the last delivery...

I have a small mowing business so I have a 33 horse generac on my dixie chopper and my Stehl blower and trimmer as well as my eu2000i Honda inverter.

Last but not least I also have a 2004 Harley Road King carb bike. We use premium non ethanol in it.

Comment

To late irsharp1 I already replaced the muffler with a new stock muffler but thanks anyway. I probably would not have paid a hundred dollars more for a golf cart muffler. I already have a hot rod Harley.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                  X