Gas Club Car survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Club Car survey

Hi Everybody my name is Tim. Cindy my GF and I have approx $2000. to spend on a Club Car and we will use it to work in our yard and to go to her brothers house one block over.

What are the different gas models and what model and year would be best to purchase?

Is there a year or model to stay away from?

I plan to post this same question in the gas Yamaha forum.

Thank you very much for your help. Tim
    Updated by Buell; May 13, 2012, 10:23 AM.

96 is when they made some changes, sometimes it can be difficult to get the right parts.

Comment

Thanks for your response pistolpete.

The Bowling Green dealer was helping us understand the year difference by the body style. I'll have to remember in 1996 that changes were made and I'll have to figure out what that body style looks like. I know the BG dealer was going to get some 2002 club car and yamaha golf carts in.

We learned about a dealer in Smiths Grove, Ky we want to visit soon. Saylors golf carts or saylorsgolf.com

Otherwise I have been watching craigslist. I have found a way to watch CL by using this searchtempest.com

Comment

Well we went to Saylors today and they are a Club Car dealership. The salesman was of course very informative about Club Cars and had 3 or 4 hundred used ds and president cars ready for retail and wholesale.

We learned the difference between the DS Car and the President Car. The sales guy used to work for a Yamaha dealer and clearly only likes the DS Club Car.

Just got to absorb all this new found knowledge.

Comment

Posted earlier by Buell View Post
          Hi Everybody my name is Tim. Cindy my GF and I have approx $2000. to spend on a Club Car and we will use it work in our yard and go to her brothers house one block over.

What are the different gas models and what model and year would be best to purchase?

Is there a year or model to stay away from?

I plan to post this same question in the gas Yamaha forum.

Thank you very much for your help. Tim
          The DS is the standard for Club Car and the pre92s had the KF82/FZ340 flathead as opposed to the FE290 OHV in the later carts. Like Pistolpete said the change was in 96 when they changed to a rearend that required a clockwise rotation on the engine. 92 was the last year for the glass bodies then they became armorflex in 93. I would also consider an EZ-GO TXT as a choice due to an abundance of aftermarket parts. They are probably the most popular gas cart to modify and have a steel frame unlike the Club Car which uses aluminum. Stay away from the Precedents so Ive heard. ive never looked at one closely but have heard some negative feedback about them.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X