KF 82 Engine problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KF 82 Engine problems

Hi, I think I blew up my cart engine1984 club car kf82. I have 2 options that I see and I need some advice.

1) I can buy a rebuilt motor online for $550 exchange

2) I can buy a 2002 club car with a broken frame but with working motor and transmission... the only thing is, when last run the transmission made noise

Looking for any suggestions/help anyone would like to give.

PS. Also I saw on one of the threads that some guy here could sell me a rebuild kit and was wondering what that cost would be and if I should go that rout instead.

Thanks, Tom

the noise in the rear end is probably the top bearing, the 82- is there any oil leaking from it? if so the case is broke. when they go it pushes the counter weight through the block & its junk. where is the frame broke on the 2002? up front pretty easy fix, just have someone weld it. the rear end is a fairly easy fix also "if ya know what your doin".

Comment

thx Pete my motor doesnt seem to have a hole. no oil leaks but it did lock up. the 2002 the frame is broke up front by suspension

Comment

the crank shaft alone is gonna cost ya ball park of 500.00, then ya got rod, piston,rings, gaskets ect. be better to fix the 2002. weld the front end & re-bearing the rear end. theres a plastic funnel shaped like a v. dont forget to replace it. and the plastic thrust washers (3).

Comment

Bump on the 02 !!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X