Oil Leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Leak?

05 (I think) Club Car, Ser. # AG0611-607615.
    Oil is leaking from case, passengers side just above or near dip stick tube bottom (not at base of dip stick). Tried to tighten bolts= no change.
    Can gasket be replaced w/o removing engine?
    Helpful hints appreciated!

sorry to say no. have to pull the engine(about 15 min), pop off clutch ( with clutch tool), then take off side cover. those are messed up from th factory. 1/16 th of an inch of gasket is sealin it, sooner or later it will leak. put skim coat of permatex down to hold new gasket in place when goin back together.

Comment

Posted earlier by pistolpete View Post
      sorry to say no. have to pull the engine(about 15 min), pop off clutch ( with clutch tool), then take off side cover. those are messed up from th factory. 1/16 th of an inch of gasket is sealin it, sooner or later it will leak. put skim coat of permatex down to hold new gasket in place when goin back together.
      Excellent advice, I skim coated both sides. No leaks. knock knock knock

Comment

DO NOT put it back together without a gasket!! the gasket is also a shim & your motor will be to tight.

Comment

Thanks. Approximately how much should I pay a qualified mechanic to make this repair?

Comment

i would say around 150.00 - 175.00 is fair

Comment

Thanks to all for answers!
              Two local dealers want $300-$350 to replace.
              If I could find good guidelines or a copy of shop manual, I would replace it?

Comment

yep, fairly easy job, if your mechanicly inclined. wish you were closer to mississippi, i'd do it for ya.

Comment

Finally found someone to fix problem for a fair price.
                  2006 Club car w/ FE290 engine.
                  I need to order gaskets/seals! Can anyone provide a list of gaskets, seals and other supplies I will need? I found a PDF of Part #'s but can't identify the proper parts!
                  Thanks, Wally

Comment

Seems the problem may be a blown head gasket! Should be fixed this weekend.
                    Thanks for help!
                    yep, fairly easy job, if your mechanicly inclined. wish you were closer to mississippi, i'd do it for ya.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X